Valencia awaiting ´satisfactory´ offers for Villa

Spanish Primera Liga club Valencia said it has yet to receive any satisfactory offer for star striker David Villa, a target for both Real Madrid and Barcelona.

On the subject of David Villa, two points need to be clarified: Valencia has never concluded an agreement with a club for Villa s possible transfer and currently we have not received any satisfactory offer, said the club s sporting director Fernando Gomez Colomer.

There have been foreign clubs interested, there have been offers. The player prefers to stay at Valencia, he said following a board meeting of the club on Monday.

The Spanish press have said Manchester United are interested in Villa, one of the stars of Spain s victorious Euro 2008 squad.

Barcelona vice president Rafael Yuste said on Sunday that the Spanish and European champions had began negotiations for the 27-year-old.

The Mundo Deportivo newspaper on Sunday reported Barca had tabled a 35-million-euro bid for Villa.

Real Madrid, who have already bought superstars Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo this month, had been chasing Villa but were reported to have been put off by a 42-million-euro asking price.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *